Wednesday, October 5, 2016


When I was informed couple of weeks ago that a very nice lady had passed away, it broke my heart especially because I knew the lady personally. But it wasn't until I watched her from a short distance at the funeral home laying inside the coffin that her death hit me even harder, because hearing is one thing and seeing is another level altogether. My heart was crushed. I started remembering the first time we met, how we hit it off at first, I remembered Stephen and I hanging out with her at our place and eating tilapia. But then I also remembered a disagreement that separated our growing friendship. I remembered that things weren't the same after we mended fences. And that broke my heart even more. I couldn't handle the funeral scene - it was too much. This lady's death got me thinking about life. Life is extremely SHORT. None of us can guarantee our fate. ONLY God can guarantee our fate.
I wish God would've granted my friend a few more years - at least to raise her little boy. But Yahweh knows best. Our fate lies solely in HIS hands. James 4:14 says;
"Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away"

My dear friends, Repent and have a personal relationship with God, humble yourself, don't throw your weight about, don't hold onto unnecessary drama, don't hold grudges, forgive your offenders, be merciful to others just as Christ has been merciful to you, help others in need, quit the gossip, quit the backbiting, quit hating, and most importantly LOVE MORE and ENJOY LIFE. None of us know when God will call us home. Don't wait until a love one dies before you start wondering what you could've done differently. May God continue to bless you and your families!
****Happy Wednesday Everyone! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment